Do you have a hard time managing the holidays? If you want to take the edge off, here are some things you can do that will show you how to cope with Christmas.
- Don’t go overboard – with celebrating and purchasing
- Ask yourself why you are doing something – if you don’t enjoy it, don’t do it
- Try giving at Christmas – this includes charity and to your friends, after all that is what Christmas is about
- lower your expectations – if you have high expectations and don’t meet them you will be disappointed
- try to plan your christmas – here’s a checklist
- If you have too many things to do – delegate
- Not everyone gets along – try to minimize the time people spend together
- Make a budget and stick to it
That’s it. Quick simple tips on how to cope with Christmas. No heavy reading just a few suggestions. Our next article will discuss ways to cope with stress over the holidays.