go with the flow to experience life
|July 8, 2010||Posted by simply stephen under change|
The river of life can take you to some amazing places.
Follow it and you will discover a whole new world – it’s waiting for you.
It’s much easier to go with the flow than swim upstream. Let it take you where it goes instead of battling a sometimes impossible current or getting stuck in an eddy.
how do you let go
Every few years, I try shake things up with my already unique lifestyle. This year I minimized and went mobile again. Things didn’t always go as planned. I had a difficult time getting rid of some things to free up space and funds. Friends needed help. I met someone special and needed to work them into my life. I had delays to take care of business and mobility.
It’s hard to let go but you have to in order to move forward.
Letting go enables you to see the world from a different perspective.
I embraced each step…sometimes less gracefully than I would like. Sometimes my temper flared (and I’m not proud of it) but I continued to move forward looking at the possibilities of what lay downstream.
And I stepped up to the plate to achieve my goals.
Here’s what I did:
- looked at each event separately and took things step by step so I wasn’t overwhelmed
- when asked for help I tried to step up to plate and experienced life by helping others
- instead of stopping things from happening (and swimming upstream) I allowed them to happen
- became flexible and fluid (in a sense to move faster with the water) so that change would happen at a quicker rate
- adjusted my end goal and plans for the journey experience all the possibilities
along the way I learned
Experience is what makes us grow. If I had fought each event, I would have tired myself out and potentially drowned. Instead I learned to grow and experience life. I connected with friends, family and strangers.
I discovered possibilities and dreams.
You see if I went upstream it would have used all my resources and energy to get there.
Besides, I’ve already been upstream and I want to see where the river will take me!